Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thoughts on Life

The past two weeks have been odd. Our school schedule has been "off" to say the least, and we have had illnesses, and out of town errands, and many activities. Some days I feel like we aren't accomplishing much. But we are studying the bible each day, talking about our beliefs, praying, helping others when we can, and living our faith to the best of our ability. So does it make a difference? What we do each day, I mean? Yes, I believe it does.
Life is a culmination of the small daily events. Each day we get up and try to life life for God to the best of our ability and try daily to reinforce biblical teaching on our kids while they are at home. I know we make mistakes, though we try not to. I know that one day the kids will have to take on their own faith and run with it, and I pray they will remember the way they were raised and choose the path of the bible. No matter what we do, what we watch, what we participate in, we always try to bring it back to being pleasing to God and following His Word.
Now, I realize not everyone may think we are doing a great job of that, but all we can do is get up each day and keep trying. And by example, to try to influence others in God's ways. I hope we don't fail. I pray we don't fail, but at the end of the day, I want to be at peace knowing we did the best we knew how, and leave the rest to God. He will judge us, all of us, everyone. So when i see people who do things differently than us, I like to see why, and try to learn from that, and I hope they will do the same with us. I know many of us are taking different paths of parenting/raising kids and still turning out solid Christian children who desire to live and serve the Lord. That gives me hope, and lets me know my way isn't the only way. Many people are finding what works without straying from biblical principles and standards. God is good.
I used to be MUCH more judgemental of others and I know I turned people off. I would have turned myself off if I had been on the outside looking in. People need to know the truth of the bible, but they need to see it too, and they need to experience it through other people in a spirit of love and gentleness and patience. I hope that is how I present myself...solidly biblical, yet with love patience and gentleness. But life is a growing process, isn't it? We are all at a different stage, learning and teaching at our own pace, hopefully doing our best to raise our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
So as the day wears on I am encouraged to know I am not on the path alone. Many are on the same path, and I love that we are here to encourage one another and not to tear one another down because we take differing approaches. We are here to build one another up and help each other to reach heaven with our children. Thanks to all my friends who have been encouraging, and who continue to encourage and teach me new things every day.
Remember--all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. But the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin if we believe and repent (repent and be baptized for the forgiveness of your sins) and choose to walk daily in His word. He has gone to prepare a place for us, so we know He will come again to take us home. Walk in the light. Be salt on the earth. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted. Jesus came to save us sinners. Train up your children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Pray without ceasing. Love one another.
Have a great day for Him!

No comments: