Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Ambitions



I have these wonderful books and kits for learning. I hope to learn right along with my oldest daughter and eventually teach the other kids. Currently though, Emily and Elizabeth are doing some crosstitch and needlepoint kits and I am working on a new christmasy quilt.
There is a wonderful quilt shop nearby that some of my friends own and run. I try to avoid it most of the time because I can become a fabric impulse shopper. It is much like being a kid in a candy store for me. But at Thanksgiving I shopped there and came away with a collection of Moda fabrics called "merry and bright". They were all 10in. squares. I cut them into fourths, and Emily helped me match up fabrics to make 4 patch squares. Now that they are pieced, Clay and I spent considerable time last night laying them out on the bed to form a good flow. I need to sew them together this week and buy some batting and backing and binding. That is, if I don't end up spending all my money on the treatment of strep throat! I will post a picture when the top is completed. I plan to quilt this one myself.

No comments: