Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Day 2013

Stayed up late and slept a bit late. Ate the remaining junk...veggie tray, baklava, cheesecake, chip/dip, coffee, soda....Still haven't folded the mountain of laundry...seriously, it's about 8 or 9 loads. I am wondering how we are all dressed and not naked! BUT I did manage to make some sketchy lesson and life plans for the next three days. I'll work on the rest of them over the weekend and get the LTC script more nailed down. Might have to spend the first practice working purely on stage skills. Oh, I did manage to cut out a chevron knit dress and 2 scarves. I bought the fabric wayyy back in late summer, I think. been too long ago to remember. I hope to sew it up before Easter....we'll see. I am kind of ready to get back into the homeschool groove. Kind of not. Don't ask the kids. They just wanna keep playing. I just want to keep being the best mom I can be for them, keep up with my working out (I feel great!), and keep my priorities right as I stumble through life each day. I do stumble, you know. Every day. I don't want to, but I feel like the apostle Paul very often. I know what I should do, and what I shouldn't, but I do things I know I shouldn't and don't do the things I should. Yep. I am fully human...sometimes too human. But with grace, one day I will be fully spiritual. And until then I just get up and give each day my best shot at life. I try not to dwell on the past as I lay down at night. I have found that even though the memories are sweet, they are painful....even the best ones, and that makes me sad, and keeps me awake for too long. Why? Because they were so sweet and can never be reclaimed, and you can never change the bad memories for good. So I find it best to just live for the day and keep smiling instead of dwelling on the past.
I hope you have a very, very blessed year. Take it one day at a time. You never know what each new day will bring!

No comments: