Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy 2015!!!! WEEK ONE

Once again I have fallen off the blogging wagon.  I'm not terribly surprised. Sometimes I blog frequently and sometimes I have long dry spells.

So here I am after a busy spell. November and December brought work for my oldest two, two major productions, and time home with family, which is worth not blogging. So let me tell you about our homeschool and general life this winter/spring.

Our oldest is still seeking permanent employment while doing random construction work and cleaning. The second oldest is cleaning a home twice a month. Both are about to audition for a summer production of Hello,Dolly. Both are dropping dance classes. Both are participating in LTC with our church. They are in high school, and loved going on winter retreat with the youth group, and they look forward to the upcoming T3 conference, and spring break mission work.

The middle kid is making good progress with schoolwork at her own pace. She and the oldest recently had to have emergency case braces. That was super costly, but will be worth keeping their teeth! She is taking ballet and LTC. She is having a hard time with youth group because so many in her age group do not attend many youth activities. This kind of breaks my heart because she was looking forward to having a great time. She did enjoy youth winter retreat. But as her older siblings pointed out, life is just that way sometimes. Sometimes you don't click with other kids...but you still have to know how to be kind and friendly regardless of circumstances. And find the people worth hanging out with.

The youngest boy is improving with diet and meds, and he has made great gains in what can be accomplished. This fall was so much better than the last two years! He has been inviting friends over, though we have to keep a close eye on them. Mischievous little things....But all in all, it is going well for him. He did some PE classes, but decided against it for spring unless a sister goes with him.

The youngest has decided to take the semester off ballet--shocking, I know! But lots going on with her daddy and the need to bond with siblings before they start graduating may be the driving force of that one. She is so improved with diet and meds and oils. I cannot describe how good that has been for everyone.

The Lord has really been walking the tough roads with us and shown us who we can count on to help, be supportive, and point us in some good paths. Some of them are within our congregation, and several are not, but all have been Christian. I am so very thankful for each and every one of them who offered help and suggestions and friendship and support. Praise to God!

I am still director of our local co-op. Honestly it gives me a sense of drive and accomplishment. I love the energy of it. I love the people and the interactions. I love the work,  albeit unpaid. And one day I will miss it. Spring semester is to be planned soon and it will be great!

As for my husband, he is not working tons of hours six days a week anymore and for that we are thankful! He had most of December off work and that was lovely, so all kids stopped outside activities and we just lived as a family....of course that has all changed now. But it is not a bad change. Just different. Isn't that the way life is? Constantly changing.

As for me, I have transitioned into this stage of life, finally, and made peace with it. As a nearly 45 year old I am ready to make some changes to my wardrobe, so that's pretty fun. I am at that stage where I've lived long enough to be secure in who I am and who I am becoming, and not really care much what everyone else thinks...but sadly I sometimes find myself struggling with younger moms, and less tactful moms, who haven't had the life experiences to get them to the point I am at (I was once just like some of them :(  ). Not that I have arrived...I never will. I'm always a work in progress and secure in my salvation as daily I am trying to live the scriptures. ,I also learned a lesson along the way that you better be careful of your judgment of others based on your personal standards. You never know what life will throw at ya! So unless you've walked in those shoes, in those circumstances, be VERY careful of your assumptions of others! And make each day count. It may be the last chance you get, to love.

So, that is what has gone on in our lives. I had grand plans to blog once a week this year. So this post will be week one. We will see how the rest of the year plays out ;)

Blessings this year to you and yours.

No comments: