Thursday, April 25, 2013

training

I am in training for life, for a couple of 5k runs, and for parenting. Neverending training. I have been diligently trying to train up children for 14 years now. Time is so fleeting. There is much training to do, and re-training, and doubling back to train the younger ones. Parenting is definitely not for the faint of heart, or for wimps who give up easily. You have to train to win this game.
 I realized this past year that in 10 years they will all be gone and I will need to figure out who I am. That is when i began training my body. Never had much interest in exercise, but doing it on my own terms is kind of fun. I like to push myself. I like to see what I can become. And I still havent' bought a scale. I am training all of us to eat better foods and use more supplements to stay well rather than to head to the doc to treat illness.
 I am training myself currently to be a mom of a teen driver, and in a few years to be a mother in law/grandma/empty nester. I can wait on those last three. Really. Not ready for that, but I am loving training for health.
Life is fast, life is good, life can be overwhelming if you don't take control of it and steer your destiny. But in the end, you just have to roll with it. God is the one in control.

No comments: