Monday, July 23, 2012

NETkids Camp Is AWESOME!

This was my first time to be a camp counselor in 20 years, literally. I taught summer school for 5 years and then had kids.....so I went this year since it was our first experience with netkids. This is the 3rd-6th grade version of our 7th-12th grade camp. I got assigned to room with a cabin of 12 girls and two teens...our girls were 8-10 years old. Every day we woke at 7, had morning blast at 7:40 (silly active songs to wake you up), breakfast, cabin cleaning and then bible class, an outdoor game, bible mania, a meeting with everyone, lunch, afternoon rotation of swimming/blobbing/zipline/canteen/crafts/group games/archery and bb's. Then we had a meeting, and supper, followed by 20 mminutes of free time, and then an activity called Joshua's Journey to reinforce our Strong and Courageous theme from Joshua 1:6-7. Then we had evening worship and cabin group review time at 9pm with snacks. Then we showered, fellowshipped, and went to bed around 11:30pm.
Honestly I really liked being in a cabin of girls. It gives you a chance to try to impact them, and some of them really needed to be infuenced for good, and we saw some progress in that aspect. During afternoon rotation i was a craft room worker and that was fun. Days were really long and i didn't realize how tired I was until I got home. I slept a lot Saturday night and most of Sunday. I am feeling more normal today--monday.
It was a great experience and I will go again until Kim is too old to go. Then I guess I will try to do NETSYS if I am not totally old by then.....

No comments: